Applications Open for RE: BORDER COIL Fellowship
The fellowship will highlight and support faculty who want to internationalize their
curricula by applying SUNY’s COIL methodology by collaborating with a faculty partner
from a Mexican university.
International Affairs invites faculty to apply to the inaugural RE:BORDER COIL Fellowship with Mini Grant Program.
The objective of the mini-grant and faculty fellowship is to highlight, support, and amplify faculty who are currently or want to internationalize their curricula by applying SUNY’s Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) methodology in collaboration with a faculty member at a Mexican university.
Thirty fellows will receive specialized training to internationalize at least one academic course, support from International Affairs to identify a Mexican faculty partner (if needed) and participate (with special recognition) in the RE:BORDER 2022 Binational Conference, to be held Nov. 14 and 15.
Mini Grant and Fellowship Requirements
The mini grant portion of the award is only for SDSU faculty members. However, the fellowship is open to all SDSU faculty members and their international partners who can commit to the following requirements:
- Submit your application for the Mini-Grant and Fellowship by April 30.
- Identify a COIL partner from a Mexican University (or seek support from International Affairs in identifying one).
- Attend a six-week COIL Design Workshop. This specialized training is offered by Asociación Mexicana para la Educación Internacional (AMPEI) and supported by the U.S. Embassy in Mexico. To participate, you must have identified a partner. Available Workshop Dates:
- April 22-May 13, 2022
- May 20-June 10, 2022
- June 17-July 8, 2022
- Commit to Implementing COIL Methodology in a Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 Course.
- Participate in the RE:BORDER Conference. Opportunities to be part of a working group and report on your course and/or progress and plans for future COIL teaching will be available. 2022-2023 fellows will receive special recognition during the conference.